Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Baking and Cake Decorating

Growing up, I used to watch my mom bake and decorate wedding and birthday cakes on a weekly basis. She ran her own cake baking business out of the home, so in addition to constantly coming home to the sweet scent of cake (mmmm!!), I remember our kitchen being full of flours, food colorings, icing tips, and a fantastic selection of books filled with recipes and cake decorating tips. She has tried to pass along some of her wisdom to me...but whatever doesn't stick, I can hopefully pick up in our library's selection of cake decorating and cookbooks.

Check out what we have below, and call or e-mail us if you have any questions : (317) 852-3167, askus@brownsburg.lib.in.us

The busy girl's guide to cake decorating

Vintage cakes

Wedding cupcakes

Fondant modeling for cake decorators

Cake decorating skills

Baking with the Cake Boss

1 comment: