Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Next Good Reads...on Goodreads!

There are so many books that come out every month, I quickly get distracted with my current list of books to read...scratch some off, add more, forget about others. Believe it or not, I have actually gotten better about keeping things organized. My Goodreads account has really helped me do that. If you are not familiar with it, Goodreads is a social cataloging website that you can use to keep track of what you have read, what you are currently reading, and what you would like to read in the future. You can use it to group your books by genre, rate and review them, and to connect with others who have read similar books. It is sort of like Facebook for book lovers!!

Below are just a few of the books that are on my to-read list. What are you looking forward to reading next?? Comment below!

The Dirty Life by Kristin Kimball (Request this item)
In this book, Kimball chronicles a year of her life on her (and her husband's) sustainable farm. I live in the city, but an urban farm is something I long to have (chickens and all!), and I'm betting this book will inspire me to create it.

A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin
The first in a trilogy, this book follows the adventures of a young wizard named Ged. Wizards, dragons, magicians...count me in! 

Dearie: The remarkable life of Julia Child by Bob Spitz (Request the book cd)
Julia Child is a huge inspiration to me. In fact, I just hung up a pegboard to display our pots, pans, and kitchen utensils, ala Julia Child (if you have never seen pictures of her kitchen, take a look!). I am very much looking forward to this audiobook-will make for a great car ride!.




1 comment: